Tune In On Apple Podcasts | Spotify
Ready to learn how to add passion back into your business? Remember when you first started this journey and your heart was full of fire and you felt like you could tackle the world? I know that feeling and I remember the butterflies and bubbly attitude I had because I was going to make it big! But as years went on some of that can fizzle and those things you used to enjoy so much are now feeling a bit mundane. Maybe you feel like you are lacking your purpose and need to redefine WHY the heck you are doing this.
Friend, you are not alone, and so many of us struggle through seasons like this. The truth is, life is full of changes and what you do now or why you do it can totally change. So I want to explore this idea a little further. How to discover your purpose in business so that you can use that to serve others well, and grow both financially and emotionally.
When I was about 7 or 8 years old I was diagnosed with several autoimmune diseases. My conditions affected my body physically in a pretty harsh way which in turn also affected me emotionally.
Right around this same time was when I was just starting to get into horses. The doctors told me that because of my physical health, riding horses probably was not in the cards for me. They said I should pick a safer activity.
My heart was shattered. I had quit cheerleading, dance and gymnastics to ride horses and now I was being told I couldn’t do that.
Call it my stubborn pride though, I couldn’t give up on this idea. Everyone in my life believed it was a phase and I would grow out of it. Spoiler alert: I never did. Horse girls will know that these animals just have something engrained inside of us. I fought for YEARS to be able to ride again with the goal of getting my own horse one day.
I saved up every last dime I could at 14 years old, and decided to put it all towards buying my own horse.
Within that same timeframe I was told I was in remission. And that I was going to be able to have a somewhat normal life.
It was such a God thing I just knew it. God knew I needed horses in my life as cheesy as that may sound. But I believe with a full heart they are what brought my health back to somewhat normal.
So Why Tell You All This?
Well, there are many instances in my life where this same pattern has concurred with different events. I am stubborn as all get out and the people in my life sure know it. When I set my heart on something there is not a single thing that is going to stop me from getting it.
This is how I was able to get my own horse, start multiple successful businesses, meet my Fiancé and now? I use this fire burning passion in me to help teach other people how to live out their “impossible dream”.
I don’t really believe in the word impossible because with God, nothing is, however back then these things sure felt impossible.
11 years ago if you would have told me that one day I would be making a full time income while working for myself, riding my 2 horses whenever I want, working with other people’s horses and helping brands grow online to build up the western industry…. I would think you were nuts. But ya girl is out here doing it.
This is the backbone to my business and it is the reason why I do what I do. So today I want to show you how to add this same fire and passion back into your own business. If you have been feeling a little defeated lately, or like you are stuck in the mundane day to day tasks, let’s get you motivated again.
Today I am teaching you how to incorporate PASSION into your marketing strategy to build your following, increase profits, and live a more meaningful life.
Add Passion By Utilizing Your “Why”
This may seem like a no brainer but I need to throw it out there. No one knows your “why” until you tell them. As business owners we fall into the trap of assuming that other people know what we do. You can get so close to your genius that you forget not everyone has been tracking along at the same pace as you.
- In today’s day and age of millennials and progressive-ness consumers are focused a lot more on the story behind your business more than just the business itself.
- A big mistake a lot of businesses make is just posting their product and slapping a price tag on it and then just waiting. Wondering why people are not just clawing at the door to buy from them
- Well it’s because Sally next door sells the same exact thing… so why should they buy from you instead of her?
- We need to be sharing why we do what we do so that people can be moved by our story.
3 Ways To Help Define Your Why To Share On Social Media
What made you start your business?
- One of the biggest ways to add passion back into your business is to think about why you started your business in the first place.
- Go deep on this: you do not just sell cute coffee mugs for the fun of it. Maybe you have this amazing memory with your Grandma where every morning she would drink her coffee out of a certain kind of mug and tell you a story from her childhood. And now you have this business as a way to keep that tradition alive.
- What’s the story behind why you started what you did?
What are you doing to change the world?
- I bet you would feel pretty passionate about what you do if you believed that you were actually changing the world. And guess what? You can!
- Changing the world is a concept thrown around a lot. I think it is interpreted as something you can only do if you are wealthy, famous, or really smart. But I disagree.
- I have always pursued the idea of “if I can just change or help this one person…. then I am one step closer to changing the world”. And you better believe that would add passion into my business.
- What you sell physically: Shampoo & Conditioner
- What you sell emotionally: Confidence
Why do you love what you do?
- If you cannot tell me why you are completely obsessed with your business, what are you even doing?
- If you dread waking up and getting to work everyday on your business, why not just have a normal 9-5 job?
- Things happen and we lose our spark sometimes and that’s normal but there should be more good days than bad days my friend. Otherwise it may be time to reevaluate. And if you don’t know where to start with that I actually did a podcast episode on getting inspired when you are in a rut (episode 39) go check it out
More Posts Related To Finding Your “Why”
- 014: how to find your “why” with Jacque Shipman
- 029: The online marketing basic foundation
- 039: Getting inspired when you feel like you are in a rut
Connect with me & other listeners of The Branded Cowgirl Podcast by joining my community Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/brandedcowgirlpodcast
The Branded Cowgirl Podcast Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brandedcowgirlpodcast/
I'm Sarah Elrod
I'm a Cowgirl turned serial entrepreneur.
I'm a horse trainer, western wedding photographer, business coach and ranch wife.
I help women in the western industry grow thriving businesses from rural America.
When I am not strategizing new marketing tactics, you will find me riding my horses, cuddling my cattle dog, or kissing my hot husband.
There is also a good chance I am buying way too many outfits from western boutiques.
Branded Cowgirl podcast
get updates on the things you care about most
TUNE IN NOW
a business & lifestyle podcast for western & rural women
join the newsletter!
- Top Categories -
Anything you need from stylish everyday clothing, or moms night out, or new Maternity jeans... PinkBlush has you covered!
Get 25% off your next purchase when you click here!
some of my
Flodesk is an email marketing GAME CHANGER. Now you can send emails to your people without feeling salesy, annoying or just flat out confused.
Flodesk has helped me grow my list and make more $$
Click here to save 50% on your first year!
HoneyBook is my all in one client management solution. It makes sending emails and contracts a breeze!
Save on your first year when you click here!
leave a comment!