Tune In On Apple Podcasts | Spotify
Your “Why” is the back bone behind your business and everything it revolves around. It gives your mission a purpose that goes beyond just making money. It is the reason you wake up in the morning excited to get to work!
But a lot of us struggle with figuring out exactly what our “why” is. So if that’s you, then stick around!
Jacque Shipman of Jacque O Photography is diving in full force to teach you a step by step process on how to break down your why so that your business will have so much clarity and you can achieve your goals faster and more efficiently.
Who Is Jacque?
Jacque Shipman, who also goes by Jacque O, is a licensed business owner and full time western wedding/elopement photographer and educator based in the Reno Nevada & Tahoe areas. She runs a women’s business group with her friend Aubrey, called Brilliant Belles. Jacque and her boyfriend have been together for almost 5 years, and have two Pit bulls together. She Grew up around horses and rodeo her entire life, and she says being a horse woman runs in her blood!
A Step By Step Process On Finding Your Why
1-3 is identifying your personal why and mission statement, find your personal why first, than mission statement second.
1. What is it about working in photography or your specific industry that gives you a sense of pride? I.E. A freedom to be who I truly am, working with people I actually like, being my own boss/self motivated!
2. What do you want your clients or customers to like most about you AND your work? I.E. How beautiful my photos are, how enjoyable I am to be around
03. If you have identified your mission or vision statement… does it accurately reflect who you are and what you feel is your WHY behind what you do?
4-6 identifying your different why at work or while running your biz
04. Where are the overlaps of your WHY and your business’s WHY? .E. I want to be an individual and be who I am without judgement from others caused I dealt with bullying. Experience/community over competition because I never received that acceptance. Want to be emotionally supported and told I do good because I am a people pleaser!
05. What could you do to bring more of your WHY to your business? I.E. Work hard, keep promises, offer to build connection with others, be someone supportive for my clients.
06. What are some specific ideas or steps you might take for improving your own satisfaction while also achieving your dream or vision with your business? I.E. Take me time, travel, create genuine relationships
7-9 is putting your personal & biz why to work
07. 3 Passions in your life, this can be anything! I.E. Horses, memories, Family
08. 3 reasons why each of those passions are your passion! I.E. Connection, Creative outlet, Love
09. 3 ways those passions can translate to your business! I.E. Focusing on my style (western), creativity, and friendships
10-15 Is identifying your clients unique WHY
10. Why are your clients looking for your services?
11. If you were your client, what would you be looking for?
12. 3 questions your ideal client will or might ask you
13. How can your personal WHY reach more of your ideal clients?
I'm Sarah Elrod
I'm a Cowgirl turned serial entrepreneur.
I'm a horse trainer, western wedding photographer, business coach and ranch wife.
I help women in the western industry grow thriving businesses from rural America.
When I am not strategizing new marketing tactics, you will find me riding my horses, cuddling my cattle dog, or kissing my hot husband.
There is also a good chance I am buying way too many outfits from western boutiques.
Branded Cowgirl podcast
get updates on the things you care about most
TUNE IN NOW
a business & lifestyle podcast for western & rural women
join the newsletter!
- Top Categories -
Anything you need from stylish everyday clothing, or moms night out, or new Maternity jeans... PinkBlush has you covered!
Get 25% off your next purchase when you click here!
some of my
Flodesk is an email marketing GAME CHANGER. Now you can send emails to your people without feeling salesy, annoying or just flat out confused.
Flodesk has helped me grow my list and make more $$
Click here to save 50% on your first year!
HoneyBook is my all in one client management solution. It makes sending emails and contracts a breeze!
Save on your first year when you click here!