If you have ever wanted to know what my daily routine looks like, this is the episode for you. I am bringing you along a journey of what, typically, my days look like most of the time. Of course, every day is different and things do come up. And I am also not a super strict schedule type of person. Hence why this is called a routine, not my schedule.
This episode is not about showing you ALL the things I do as a means of saying “you need to do more” or “if I can do it so can you” because I don’t really believe that.
The purpose of this episode is to:
- Share a little more about my world here in rural Nevada
- be transparent about the good days and the hard days
- For you to take whatever kind of value you see fit from it
Working From Home With An 8 Month Old
Working from home with an almost 9 month old baby has presented itself as quite the challenge. Honestly, I have cried a lot. There are days where I am so stressed out feeling all the imposter syndrome. I have wondered what the heck my purpose is about 100 times. Not to mention the 500 other emotions that run through my body in a single day.
I also feel like I need to be clear that I used to be a very structured person. Living for routines and consistency. Now? I am in survival mode.
So when you listen to this, whether you think I do too much or not enough, just do yourself a favor and do not compare your life to mine. We are all walking very different paths.
Instead ask yourself:
- What does your current season look like? Are you in a transition, and need grace? Are you in a place where you have opportunity to hustle and grind out work? What kind of boundaries do you need to set or yourself in this phase of life?
- What do you want to implement more of and less of in YOUR life?
- family time
- what are your priorities right now?
- My new reality 9 months in:
- nothing is fast
- I have let go of a lot
- my mindset is better than it was in the beginning
- Stetson is crawling now and very busy
- Talking of another baby
5:30am – Wake Up And Begin My Daily Routine For The Morning
- Make Tyler’s breakfast and lunch + smoothie
- get him out the door by 6:30 ish
6:30-7:30am – Devotional / Quiet Time
- Bible study
- sometimes just scrolling on my phone
- Get myself ready
- Feed horses
8-8:30am – Stetson Wakes Up
- Scroll on my phone or read emails / respond to comments
- Stetson plays
- Start my work day
- any small to do’s
- breakfast for both of us, usually eggs
- Light work
- tasks I can do that noise won’t be a distraction
- Stetson plays
- Stetson goes down for his first nap (2 hours after waking up)
11am – 12pm
- Deep work while Stetson sleeps
- record podcasts / videos / meetings
12pm – Lunch
- Stetson is up and I feed us both something for lunch
12:30 – 2:30pm
- Light work
- House work
- Stetson plays
- Sometimes we go outside and I dont work at all
- Stetson goes down for a nap
3pm – 4:30pm
- More deep work if I am feeling good
- Sometimes my afternoon slump kicks in and I need to do something else so I do laundry or even just go work in a different room with fresh air
- Start getting ready for dinner
- Stetson gets fussy in this time frame so I am usually all hands on with him
- Tyler comes come
- He gets time with Stetson
7:30-8pm – Stetson goes to bed
- watch a show or movie with Tyler
- work from the couch
9pm – We go to bed
- I am usually wired until about 10pm but I prioritize going to bed togther
- Tyler falls asleep first
- I sometimes go right to sleep, sometimes I scroll my phone (I know its bad)
GET IN TOUCH: Podcast@SarahElrod.com
I'm Sarah Elrod
I'm a Cowgirl turned serial entrepreneur.
I'm a horse trainer, western wedding photographer, business coach and ranch wife.
I help women in the western industry grow thriving businesses from rural America.
When I am not strategizing new marketing tactics, you will find me riding my horses, cuddling my cattle dog, or kissing my hot husband.
There is also a good chance I am buying way too many outfits from western boutiques.
Branded Cowgirl podcast
get updates on the things you care about most
TUNE IN NOW
a business & lifestyle podcast for western & rural women
join the newsletter!
- Top Categories -
Anything you need from stylish everyday clothing, or moms night out, or new Maternity jeans... PinkBlush has you covered!
Get 25% off your next purchase when you click here!
some of my
Flodesk is an email marketing GAME CHANGER. Now you can send emails to your people without feeling salesy, annoying or just flat out confused.
Flodesk has helped me grow my list and make more $$
Click here to save 50% on your first year!
HoneyBook is my all in one client management solution. It makes sending emails and contracts a breeze!
Save on your first year when you click here!